With engineering advancing in Humboldt, California Nordic Aquafarms is proud to release our video for the first large-scale RAS facility on the US West coast.
Nordic Aquafarms (NAF) is pursuing a bi-coastal strategy that covers both US Coastlines. Both our US projects (Maine and California) are based on state-of-the art performance, bio-security measures, and escape prevention. They are the result of a strong collaboration effort between our US and Nordic teams.
Our discharge treatment is best in class in the industry with 99 percent removal of most nutrients, and 85 percent removal of nitrogen. NAF also has advanced microfiltration on its discharge, enabling the highest bio-security standards in protecting receiving waters. We have raised almost all our RAS standards in our US farms.
We would like to thank the Humboldt community for being constructive and supportive in our work to create a great new addition to the community. We are there as a long-term contributing community member wanting to see Humboldt prosper in the years to come.
- Both NAF projects in the US are based on standardized modular designs.
- NAF has access to 50 + acres in both US locations.
- Both US locations have access to clean salt- and freshwater, enabling robust high-quality salmon production and optimal growth conditions.
- Very competitive energy prices have been secured in both locations through innovative energy strategies.
- Nordic Aquafarms has operated its current facilities producing Salmon and Kingfish without any escapes or major disease/mortality events.
- The Humboldt project will apply for permits for production of Atlantic Salmon and Steelhead
To view a story from the Fish Farming Expert, please click the link below:Read More